Harsh Reality

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I was iffy on Marco Rubio as the GOP nominee because of the amnesty thing he was pushing. Not because I disagreed with him on the ultimate goal (figuring out some fix to the federal immigration bureaucracy). But because he was kicked around like a stupid teenager by Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell. They treated him like an idiot and he let them.

It was embarrassing. He showed a tremendous amount of naïveté and immaturity in that. And they hung him out to dry. It was sad and embarrassing for him. But, I gave him the benefit of the doubt on that. I figured he'd be smarter next time.

But this is another one of those things where he's getting kicked around again. He's an establishment liberal republican. He's just a younger, hispanic version of Jeb Bush or Mitt Romney or John McCain or Bob Dole.

Unfortunately, I'm now very suspicious of Ted Cruz in this, though. Cruz switched his vote on this at the last second and I'm curious that he only did so after it was obvious that he could score points with his base by opposing it without endangering it's passage.


No comments:

Post a Comment